The Library of the Magyar Nemzeti Bank provides internal staff. Academics, researchers, students and experts of other institutions can access to the Bank’s unique collections by oline catalogue.
Established in 1924, the library of the central bank of Hungary, which combines the collections of the Wien and Budapest institutes of the Austro-Hungarian Bank, is as old as the Bank itself. Over the years it has become the central repository of works in the fields of economics and finance.
The library of the MNB is intended to serve both as a financial research library and a corporate library, comprising both national and international collections from the fields of finance and economics, as well as special collections. Holdings, primarily available in Hungarian or English, comprise monographic and periodical publications by foreign central banks and international institutions, domestic and foreign research institutes. Resources encompass a large number of books, monographs, series, periodicals and extensive electronic resources.
The general collections comprise works on:
- General economics (from the fields of economic theory, macroeconomics and economic history)
- Economic policy, monetary policy and financial policy
- International economics (integration, global problems, international institutions)
- Applied sciences in economics (econometrics, computer techniques, banking technology and statistics)
- Economic law, financial law and banking law
- Corporate economics and finance
- The history of banking and money
Catalogue (in Hungarian):
- The electronic catalogue enables users to search and retrieve documents from the collections of articles, monographs, periodicals and bank publications from 1982 onwards. The retrospective cataloguing of materials is under way.
- Interlibrary loan service is available.
Location and contacts:
Address: 1054 Budapest, Szabadság tér 9.
Postal address: The Library of the Magyar Nemzeti Bank, 1850 Budapest
Phone: (+36-1) 428-2735
Fax: (+36-1) 428-2531