Fabio Canova (EUI, ICREA Research Professor at UPF, and CEPR)
Time series methods
(April 2-5, 2013, 4 day course)
- VARs, BVARs and structural VARs.
- Factor Models, FAVARs.
- Panel Macro models, Panel VARs and Global VARs.
- State Space models: Kalman filter and the Gibbs sampler.
- Time-varying coefficient models and stochastic volatility.
Gianluca Benigno and Evi Pappa
(April 8-12, 2013, with no overleap)
Gianluca Benigno (London School of Economics)
Open economy macroeconomics(April 8-10, 2013)
- International Real Business Cycles
- Exchange Rate Determination and Monetary Policy in Open Economy
- Financial Crises and Policy Response
- Reserve Accumulation and Growth
Evi Pappa(European University Institute)
Fiscal and Monetary policy (April 10-12, 2013)
- Empirics of fiscal shocks
- Fiscal policy in RBC models and New Keynesian models
- Fiscal policy in models with labor frictions
- Fiscal mulipliers
- Open economy fiscal models
Tao Zha (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta)
Markov switching VARs and DSGEs (July 22-26, 2013)
(Organized jointly with the EABCN)
- Local and global identification of structural VARs and DSGE models.
- General approach to a wide class of Markov-switching models.
- Estimation of Markov-switching BVARs (MSBVARs).
- Theory of Markov-switching rational expectation (MSRE) models.
- Estimation of MSRE models.
Enrique Mendoza (University of Maryland and University of Pennsylvania)
Financial Frictions in International Macroeconomics
(July 29-August 2, 2013)
- Workhorse models of current account dynamics.
- Real-business-cycle models of small open economies with incomplete markets.
- Fisherian credit constraints, financial amplification and financial crises.
- Macro-prudential policy.
- Financial development and global imbalances.