2021 SPRING COURSES
April 12-16, 2021
From RANK to HANK: Monetary Business Cycle Models with Heterogeneous Agents
Christian Bayer (Bonn University)
- Borrowing constraints and monetary policy transmission in RANK, TANK and HANK.
- Idiosyncratic income risk and wealth distributions in aggregate models.
- Solving heterogeneous agent models by perturbation methods.
- Portfolio re-balancing and fiscal-monetary interactions
- Tools for the analysis of nonlinear models.
April 19-23, 2021
Measuring output gaps and star variables
Fabio Canova (Norwegian Business School)
- Methods to extract trends and cycles
- Permanent and transitory decompositions.
- Dating turning points
- Cyclical vs structural changes
- Financial and real cycles.
2021 SUMMER COURSES
July 26-30, 2021
Digital currencies on the rise
Harald Uhlig (University of Chicago)
- Private (cryptocurrencies) and public moneys.
- Monetary policy with cryptocurrencies
- Would the Libra destabilize the world economy?
- Banking stability and cryptocurrencies
- International aspects of digital currencies.