In 2015, the Doctoral School of Earth Sciences of the University of Pécs, in cooperation with the Pallas Athena Geopolitical (PAGEO), Pallas Athéné Domus Animae (PADA) and Pallas Athéné Domus Scientiae (PADS) Foundations of the Magyar Nemzeti Bank, launched a Doctoral Program in Geopolitics, entitled “Geopolitics, Geoeconomics and Political Geography from a Central European Perspective”.
The aim of the Program is to provide answers with a multidisciplinary approach to the international geopolitical challenges of the 21st century from the perspective of Central and Eastern Europe. Renowned international and domestic researchers on the topic contribute to the deepening of the students' theoretical and practical knowledge. During the Program, doctoral students can gain in-depth knowledge of how world political interest systems influence the global, regional and local economic processes, and also examine the political consequences of economic strategic processes and goal systems at these levels. Admitted candidates can also gain insight into the geopolitical role, objectives, values and interests of the major cultures as well as nation-states.
Participants of the doctoral program:
- study and research under the guidance of the most experienced domestic and foreign professionals through the tutoring system;
- attend lectures and courses of the most important internationally renowned researchers of the topics, strategic thinkers, professors of leading universities, as well as the leaders of leading think tank institutes;
- participate in part-time trainings and conferences abroad;
- take courses at leading universities and institutes in Western and Central Europe, the Middle East and Asia;
- access to the latest international literature and databases;
- follow the latest research topics and trends and participate in open scientific workshops on an ongoing basis;
- receive education in English and Hungarian;
- receive a scholarship, and other grants.