Metallic reproductions of forint circulation coins may be produced without authorisation by the MNB if
- it does not include the name of the currency (‘forint’) or its Hungarian or foreign language abbreviation used in practice, and
- its size is outside the reference band specified in MNB Decree on coin reproductions, or
- its size is within the reference band specified in MNB Decree on coin reproductions, provided that,
- its composition differs from that specified in Annex 1 of the MNB Decree on coin reproduction for the permissible diameter range, and
- the combinations of its diameter and edge height are consistently outside the ranges specified in Annex 1 of the MNB Decree on coin reproduction, and
- in the case of the commemorative coin 20 years have passed since its issue.
Metallic reproductions of collector coins may be produced without the MNB’s authorisation from 20 years after its original issue, provided the producing of such reproduction collector coin is not prohibited pursuant to Article 3 of the MNB Decree on coin reproduction.
In addition to the above, no permission is required by the MNB for non-metallic reproductions of forint coins and other forint coin reproductions made for illustration purposes of paper or other non-metallic substances, and the reproductions of forint coins made available through electronic means, on an Internet website, by a wire-based or wireless device.